The Tampa Bay Lightning (4-2-2) take on the Seattle Kraken (2-5-2) at Amalie Arena on Monday, October 30 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSSUN, and ROOT Sports NW. The Lightning defeated the San Jose Sharks 6-0 in their most recent outing, while the Kraken are coming off a 3-2 loss to the Florida Panthers.
Lightning vs. Kraken Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
- The Lightning score the seventh-most goals in the league (29 total, 3.6 per game).
- The Lightning rank 12th in goals against, giving up 24 total goals (three per game) in league action.
- They have the league’s ninth-best goal differential at +5.
- The nine power-play goals the Lightning have recorded this season (on 28 power-play chances) are the fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Lightning rank fourth in the league with a 32.14% power-play conversion rate.
- The Lightning have the league’s second-best penalty-kill percentage (94.74%).
- The Lightning have the ninth-best faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 52.1%.
- The Lightning connect on 12.7% of their shots (fourth in the league).
- The Lightning have secured two shutouts this season. Their skaters average 16.3 hits and 14.9 blocked shots per game.
Lightning Key Players
- One of Tampa Bay’s top offensive players this season is Nikita Kucherov, who has recorded 11 points in eight games.
- Brayden Point is another of Tampa Bay’s top contributors currently with 10 total points (two goals and eight assists) to his name.
- Victor Hedman has contributed nine points for Tampa Bay in eight games this season, scoring on 5.6% of his shots and recording one goal and eight assists.
- As Tampa Bay’s top goalie, Matt Tomkins has recorded 0 wins and 1 loss this season while allowing four goals with 33 saves.
Andrei Vasilevskiy: Back (Out), Tyler Motte: Upper Body (Out)
- With 20 goals (2.2 per game), the Kraken have the league’s 21st-ranked offense.
- The Kraken have allowed 30 total goals this season (3.3 per game), 28th in the league.
- With a goal differential of -10, they are 28th in the league.
- The Kraken have five power-play goals (on 25 chances), 16th in the NHL.
- The Kraken’s power-play percentage (20) puts them 15th in the league.
- This season, the Kraken have one shorthanded goal (eighth in league).
- At 79.17, the Kraken have the 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Kraken win 50.3% of faceoffs, 15th-ranked in the NHL.
- The 7.2% shooting percentage of the Kraken is 29th in the league.
- The Kraken have not shut out an opponent yet. They average 17 hits and 15.7 blocked shots per game.
Kraken Key Players
- Vince Dunn’s one goal and six assists in nine games for Seattle add up to seven total points on the season.
- Oliver Bjorkstrand is one of the impact players on offense for Seattle with seven total points (0.8 per game), with two goals and five assists in nine games.
- Jaden Schwartz has netted four goals on the season, adding two assists.
- Philipp Grubauer is 0-4-0 in four games this season, conceding 12 goals (3.0 goals against average) with 103 saves and an .896 save percentage (42nd in the league).
Andre Burakovsky: Upper Body (Out), Brandon Tanev: Lower Body (Out)