The Detroit Red Wings (5-3-1) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they play the New York Islanders (4-2-1) on the road on Monday, October 30 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+, BSDET, and MSGSN.
Islanders vs. Red Wings Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Islanders vs. Red Wings for free with a trial to Fubo!
Islanders and Red Wings Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Islanders rank 25th in the NHL with 18 goals scored (2.6 per game).
- The Islanders have given up 19 total goals (2.7 per game), the fifth-fewest in league play.
- They have the league’s 18th-ranked goal differential at -1.
- The three power-play goals the Islanders have scored this season (on 23 power-play chances) rank 23rd in the NHL.
- The Islanders rank 23rd in the league with a 13.04% power-play conversion rate.
- The Islanders have the league’s 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage (77.78%).
- The Islanders have the third-best faceoff win percentage in the NHL, at 54.5%.
- The Islanders shoot 8.1% as a team (25th in the league).
- The Islanders have shut out opponents twice this season. As a team, they are averaging 23.7 hits and 18.4 blocked shots per game.
Islanders Key Players
- Noah Dobson has been important to New York’s offense this season, recording seven points in seven games.
- Having scored three goals and adding four assists, Kyle Palmieri is an important piece of the offense for New York through seven games.
- Through seven games, Bo Horvat has proven himself as a scoring option for New York. He has five points (three goals and two assists).
- Semyon Varlamov (1-1-0) has a 1.5 goals against average and a save percentage of .961 for New York.
Scott Mayfield: Leg (Questionable)
Red Wings Insights
- With 36 goals (four per game), the Red Wings have the NHL’s No. 1 offense.
- The Red Wings have conceded 28 total goals this season (3.1 per game), 25th in the NHL.
- With a goal differential of +8, they are sixth-best in the league.
- The Red Wings have an NHL-leading 12 power-play goals on 35 chances.
- The Red Wings have the league’s third-best power-play percentage (34.29).
- The 82.86% penalty-kill percentage of the Red Wings is 11th in the league.
- The Red Wings are 11th in faceoff win rate in the NHL (51.7%).
- With a shooting percentage of 13.2%, the Red Wings are third in the league.
- This season, the Red Wings have shut out their opponents once.
Red Wings Key Players
- Dylan Larkin has collected four goals and 11 assists in nine games for Detroit, good for 15 points.
- Alex DeBrincat has helped lead the offense for Detroit this season with nine goals and four assists.
- Shayne Gostisbehere is a top player on offense for Detroit with three goals and six assists.
- Alex Lyon has a .000 save percentage (67th in the league), with zero total saves, conceding zero goals (zero goals against average). He has put up a 0-0-0 record this season.
Red Wings Injuries
Robby Fabbri: Lower Body (Out), Matt Luff: Upper Body (Out), Carter Mazur: Lower Body (Out)