The Vegas Golden Knights (8-0-1) host the Montreal Canadiens (5-2-1) at T-Mobile Arena on Monday, October 30 at 10:00 PM ET on ESPN+ and SCRIPPS, with each team fresh off of a win. The Golden Knights are coming off a 4-3 shootout win over the Los Angeles Kings, while the Canadiens took down the Winnipeg Jets 4-3 in a shootout in their last game.
Golden Knights vs. Canadiens Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- TV: Vegas Golden Knights (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Golden Knights vs. Canadiens for free with a trial to Fubo!
Golden Knights and Canadiens Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
Golden Knights Insights
- The Golden Knights’ 33 total goals (3.7 per game) rank third in the NHL.
- The Golden Knights have allowed 20 total goals (just 2.2 per game), ranking eighth in league action for the fewest goals against.
- Their goal differential (+13) makes them second-best in the league.
- The seven power-play goals the Golden Knights have put up this season are 10th-best in the NHL (on 32 power-play chances).
- The Golden Knights have the league’s 13th-ranked power-play conversion rate (21.88%).
- The Golden Knights kill 88% of opponent power plays, the seventh-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Golden Knights have the seventh-best faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 53.2%.
- The Golden Knights have a 12.5% shooting percentage as a team, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Golden Knights have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 21 hits and 17.2 blocked shots per game.
Golden Knights Key Players
- William Karlsson has been imperative to Vegas’ offense this season, putting up 10 points in nine games.
- Shea Theodore has three goals and seven assists for Vegas to compile 10 total points (1.1 per game).
- Vegas’ offensive effort is aided by Jack Eichel’s 10 points. He’s contributed six assists.
- In the four games Logan Thompson has played this season, his save percentage is .930, 11th in the league.
Golden Knights Injuries
Nicolas Roy: Undisclosed (Questionable), Isaiah Saville: Undisclosed (Out), Danill Miromanov: Undisclosed (Out), Zach Whitecloud: Upper Body (Out)
- With 25 goals (3.1 per game), the Canadiens have the NHL’s 15th-ranked offense.
- The Canadiens give up 3.2 goals per game (26 in total), 20th in the league.
- They have the 18th-ranked goal differential in the league at -1.
- The Canadiens have seven power-play goals (on 31 chances), 10th in the NHL.
- The Canadiens score on 22.58% of their power plays, No. 12 in the NHL.
- In terms of shorthanded goal, the Canadiens have one.
- At 75.61, the Canadiens have the 19th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Canadiens are 12th in faceoff win percentage in the NHL (51.2%).
- The 10.8% shooting percentage of the Canadiens is 11th in the league.
- The Canadiens have not shut out an opponent yet. They average 21.3 hits and 19 blocked shots per game.
Canadiens Key Players
- Cole Caufield has racked up nine points (1.1 per game) for Montreal, with four goals and five assists in eight games (playing 19:02 per game).
- Nicholas Suzuki has collected seven points this season, with one goal and six assists.
- Sean Monahan’s four goals and three assists add up to seven points this season.
- Cayden Primeau has an .879 save percentage (55th in the league), with 29 total saves, allowing four goals (4.2 goals against average). He has put up a 0-1-0 record this season.
Kirby Dach: Knee (Out For Season), Carey Price: Knee (Out), Christian Dvorak: Knee (Out For Season), Chris Wideman: Back (Out), David Savard: Upper Body (Out), Michael Matheson: Lower Body (Questionable)