The Pittsburgh Penguins (3-5) host the Anaheim Ducks (4-4), who have won three in a row, on Monday, October 30 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, BSSC, BSSD, and SportsNet PT.
Penguins vs. Ducks Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
Penguins and Ducks Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Penguins rank 18th in the league with 23 goals scored (2.9 per game).
- The Penguins have allowed 25 total goals (3.1 per game), ranking 16th in NHL action in goals against.
- Their goal differential (-2) ranks 21st in the league.
- The two power-play goals the Penguins have recorded this season rank 30th in the NHL (on 20 power-play chances).
- The Penguins have the league’s 30th-ranked power-play conversion rate (10%).
- The Penguins kill 84% of opponent power plays, the 10th-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Penguins have the second-best faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 55.1%.
- The Penguins make 8.2% of their shots (24th in the league).
- The Penguins have secured two shutouts this season. Their skaters average 15.3 hits and 14.5 blocked shots per game.
Penguins Key Players
- With five goals and four assists this season, Sidney Crosby is one of Pittsburgh’s top contributors (nine points).
- Having scored two goals and adding seven assists, Jake Guentzel is excelling for Pittsburgh through eight games.
- With nine points through eight games (four goals and five assists), Evgeni Malkin has been an important part of Pittsburgh’s offensive efforts this season.
- In two games played this season, Alex Nedeljkovic (1-1-0) has given up six goals.
Mark Pysyk: Lower Body (Out), Alex Nedeljkovic: Lower Body (Out), John Ludvig: Concussion (Questionable), Will Butcher: Undisclosed (Out)
- With 25 goals (3.1 per game), the Ducks have the NHL’s 15th-ranked offense.
- The Ducks’ total of 24 goals allowed (three per game) is 12th in the league.
- With a goal differential of +1, they are 15th in the league.
- The Ducks have three power-play goals (on 26 chances), 23rd in the NHL.
- The Ducks score on 11.54% of their power plays, No. 27 in the league.
- This season, the Ducks have one shorthanded goal (eighth in NHL).
- The 75.61% penalty-kill percentage of the Ducks is 19th in the NHL.
- At 46.6%, the Ducks have the NHL’s 27th-ranked faceoff win percentage.
- The Ducks’ 11.1% shooting percentage is ninth in the league.
- The Ducks have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Ducks Key Players
- Ryan Strome’s two goals and eight assists in eight games for Anaheim add up to 10 total points on the season.
- Frank Vatrano is a leading scorer for Anaheim with nine total points this season. He has scored eight goals and added one assist in eight games.
- Mason McTavish’s three goals and five assists add up to eight points this season.
- John Gibson is 1-3-0 on the season, giving up 11 goals (2.8 goals against average) and compiling 105 saves with a .905 save percentage (31st in the league).
Isac Lundestrom: Achilles (Out), Chase De Leo: Knee (Out), Alex Killorn: Finger (Out), Brock McGinn: Lower Body (Out), Jamie Drysdale: Lower Body (Out)