The Carolina Hurricanes (5-4) bring a three-game road losing streak into a matchup with the Philadelphia Flyers (4-3-1) on Monday, October 30 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, NBCS-PH, and BSSO.
Hurricanes at Flyers Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
LIVE SPORTS & TV WITHOUT CABLE
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Hurricanes vs. Flyers for free with a trial to Fubo!
Hurricanes and Flyers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Hurricanes’ 33 total goals (3.7 per game) make them the third-best scoring team in the league.
- The Hurricanes rank 32nd in goals against, allowing 35 total goals (3.9 per game) in NHL play.
- They have the league’s 21st-ranked goal differential at -2.
- The nine power-play goals the Hurricanes have scored this season are fourth-best in the NHL (on 39 power-play chances).
- The Hurricanes have the league’s 10th-best power-play conversion rate (23.08%).
- The Hurricanes have scored four shorthanded goals this season to lead the NHL.
- The Hurricanes have the league’s 30th-ranked penalty-kill percentage (71.43%).
- The Hurricanes win 49.3% of their faceoffs (21st in the NHL)
- The Hurricanes make 10.4% of their shots (14th in the league).
- The Hurricanes have earned one shutout this season. Their skaters average 12.1 hits and 11.1 blocked shots per game.
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas is one of Carolina’s top contributors this season with nine points. He has averaged 0.4 goals per game, shooting 15.4%.
- Seth Jarvis has nine points (four goals, five assists) to add to the team’s scoring efforts.
- On 24 shots (for four goals) and five assists, Jesperi Kotkaniemi has contributed nine points this season.
- As Carolina’s top goalie, Antti Raanta has recorded 2 wins and 1 loss this season while giving up 10 goals with 65 saves.
Ryan Suzuki: Upper Body (Out), Brett Pesce: Lower Body (Out), Vasiliy Ponomarev: Knee (Out)
- The Flyers’ 28 goals on the season (3.5 per game) rank them 10th in the NHL.
- The Flyers’ total of 25 goals conceded (3.1 per game) is 16th in the league.
- Their +3 goal differential is 11th in the league.
- The Flyers have four power-play goals (19th in NHL) on 27 chances.
- The Flyers score on 14.81% of their power plays, No. 20 in the NHL.
- The Flyers have a league-leading four shorthanded goals.
- At 79.17, the Flyers have the 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- At 49.1%, the Flyers have the league’s 22nd-ranked faceoff win rate.
- The Flyers’ 10.5% shooting percentage is 12th in the league.
- The Flyers have shut out their opponent once. They are averaging 13.8 hits and 16.6 blocked shots per game.
Flyers Key Players
- Travis Konecny has scored eight goals (one per game) and collected three assists (0.4 per game), fueling the Philadelphia offense with 11 total points (1.4 per game). He averages 3.6 shots per game, shooting 27.6%.
- Travis Sanheim is one of the impact players on offense for Philadelphia with eight total points (one per game), with one goal and seven assists in eight games.
- Cam Atkinson has eight points so far, including five goals and three assists.
- Felix Sandstrom has a 0-0-0 record this season, with a .000 save percentage (68th in the league). He has zero saves, and has given up zero goals (zero goals against average).
Rasmus Ristolainen: Undisclosed (Out), Ryan Ellis: Lower Body (Out), Marc Staal: Rib (Out)