How to Watch Lions vs. Panthers: Time, TV Channel and Live Stream – Week 5
David Montgomery will lead the Detroit Lions into their matchup against the Carolina Panthers at Ford Field on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET.
The Lions rank eighth in total offense this season (386.3 yards per game), but they’ve been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 386.3 yards allowed per game. The Panthers are putting up 282.5 total yards per contest on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 313 total yards per game (14th-ranked).
Read on below for all the info on how to watch this game on TV.
How to Watch Lions vs. Panthers
- When: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan
- Online: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
What to Know
Lions vs. Panthers: Head-to-Head
- In the past five meetings, Carolina owns a 3-2 record against Detroit.
- The Panthers have covered one time in those games, with the teams outpacing the point total in that game.
- Carolina has outpaced Detroit 142 points to 123 in the past five games.
Lions’ 2023 Schedule
|9/7/2023||at Kansas City||W 21-20||NBC|
|9/28/2023||at Green Bay||W 34-20||Amazon Prime Video|
|10/15/2023||at Tampa Bay||–||FOX|
|11/12/2023||at Los Angeles||–||CBS|
|12/3/2023||at New Orleans||–||FOX|
Lions Stats & Insights
- The Lions rank eighth in total offense this season (386.3 yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on defense, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 280.5 yards allowed per game.
- Detroit is averaging 249.8 passing yards per game on offense (eighth in the NFL), and ranks 18th on defense with 219.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Lions rank 10th in rushing yards this year (136.5 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 60.8 rushing yards allowed per game.
- With four forced turnovers (20th in NFL) against six turnovers committed (22nd in NFL), Detroit (-2) owns the 22nd-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
Lions Key Players
- In four games for the Lions, Jared Goff has led the way with 1,029 yards (257.3 yards per game) while recording six touchdowns, three interceptions and a 69.5% completion percentage.
- Montgomery has compiled 262 rushing yards (3.8 yards per carry) and five touchdowns in three games for the Lions.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown has been an important part of the Lions’ offense in 2023, posting 26 catches for 331 yards and two touchdowns.
Panthers’ 2023 Schedule
|9/10/2023||at Atlanta||L 24-10||FOX|
|9/18/2023||New Orleans||L 20-17||ESPN|
|9/24/2023||at Seattle||L 37-27||CBS|
|11/9/2023||at Chicago||–||Amazon Prime Video|
|12/3/2023||at Tampa Bay||–||CBS|
|12/10/2023||at New Orleans||–||FOX|
Panthers Stats & Insights
- The Panthers are compiling 282.5 total yards per game on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 313 total yards per contest (14th-ranked).
- Carolina is posting 187.3 passing yards per game on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 176.8 passing yards per game (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of rushing, the Panthers rank 21st in the NFL on offense (95.3 rushing yards per game) and 27th on the other side of the ball (136.3 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- After forcing four turnovers (20th in NFL) and turning the ball over five times (13th in NFL) this season, Carolina sports the 20th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Panthers Key Players
- Adam Thielen has 27 receptions for 287 yards (71.8 per game) and two touchdowns in four games.
- Bryce Young has passed for 503 yards (167.7 per game), completing 65% of his passes, with two touchdowns and two interceptions in three games.
- In four games, Miles Sanders has run for 158 yards (39.5 per game) and one TD.