On Sunday at 1:00 PM ET, the Pittsburgh Steelers will visit the Houston Texans.
The Steelers are putting up 18.7 points per game offensively this year (22nd in NFL), and they are allowing 23.3 points per game (18th) on the defensive side of the ball. With 22 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Texans rank 18th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, surrendering 24.3 points per contest.
We dive into all of the info you need before this matchup begins in this article, including how to watch on TV.
How to Watch Texans vs. Steelers
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas
- TV: Watch on CBS
- Online: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
Steelers vs. Texans: Head-to-Head
- Pittsburgh has won against Houston four times in the past five matchups.
- Pittsburgh has outpaced Houston 139 points to 70 in the past five games.
Steelers’ 2023 Schedule
|9/10/2023||San Francisco||L 30-7||FOX|
|9/24/2023||at Las Vegas||W 23-18||NBC|
|10/22/2023||at Los Angeles||–||FOX|
|11/2/2023||Tennessee||–||Amazon Prime Video|
|12/7/2023||New England||–||Amazon Prime Video|
Steelers Stats & Insights
- The Steelers own the 27th-ranked offense this season (275.7 yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst with 387 yards allowed per game.
- Pittsburgh is totaling 208.7 passing yards per game offensively this season (17th in NFL), and is allowing 235.3 passing yards per game (22nd) on the defensive side of the ball.
- It’s been a difficult stretch for the Steelers in terms of running the ball, as they rank third-worst in rushing offense (67 rushing yards per game) and fourth-worst in rushing defense (151.7 rushing yards per game allowed) in 2023.
- Pittsburgh has the third-best turnover margin in the NFL at +4, forcing eight turnovers (second in NFL) while turning it over four times (15th in NFL).
Steelers Key Players
- Kenny Pickett has helped drive the Steelers’ offense this season, posting 689 passing yards with four passing touchdowns, three interceptions and a 59.6% completion percentage.
- On 23 targets, George Pickens has 13 grabs (4.3 per game) for 238 yards and one TD in three games.
- Calvin Austin III has been an important part of the Steelers’ air attack in 2023, posting nine receptions for 119 yards and one touchdown.
Texans’ 2023 Schedule
|9/10/2023||at Baltimore||L 25-9||CBS|
|9/24/2023||at Jacksonville||W 37-17||FOX|
|12/10/2023||at New York||–||CBS|
Texans Stats & Insights
- The Texans are putting up 341 total yards per game on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 340.7 total yards per game (15th-ranked).
- Houston ranks sixth in the NFL with 271 passing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 18th with 223.3 passing yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Texans’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, putting up 70 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 17th with 117.3 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- Houston has a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks ninth in the NFL.
Texans Key Players
- C.J. Stroud has four touchdown passes and zero interceptions in three games, completing 64.5% of his throws for 906 yards (302 per game).
- In the passing game, Nathaniel Dell has scored two TDs, catching 15 balls for 251 yards (83.7 per game).
- In three games, Nico Collins has 15 catches for 260 yards (86.7 per game) and one touchdown.