One of the top receivers in the NFL last season will be featured when Amon-Ra St. Brown and the Detroit Lions host the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
While the Lions ranked fifth-worst in the NFL in scoring defense with 25.1 points allowed per game last season, it was a different story on offense, as they ranked fifth-best in the NFL (26.6 points per game). Offensively, the Falcons ranked 24th in the NFL with 318.6 yards per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked 27th in total defense (362.1 yards allowed per contest).
See more information below, including how to watch this game on TV.
How to Watch Lions vs. Falcons
- When: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Watch on FOX
- Live Stream: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
Lions vs. Falcons: Head-to-Head
- In the past five meetings, Atlanta owns a 4-1 record against Detroit.
- Atlanta has outscored Detroit 139 points to 103 in the past five games.
Lions’ 2023 Schedule
|9/7/2023||at Kansas City||W 21-20||NBC|
|9/28/2023||at Green Bay||–||Amazon Prime Video|
|10/15/2023||at Tampa Bay||–||FOX|
|11/12/2023||at Los Angeles||–||CBS|
|12/3/2023||at New Orleans||–||FOX|
Lions 2022 Stats & Insights
- The Lions had the fourth-best offense last season in terms of total yards (380 yards per game), but they ranked worst defensively (392.4 yards allowed per game).
- With 245.8 passing yards allowed per game on defense last season, which ranked third-worst in the NFL, Detroit were forced to rely on its eighth-ranked passing offense (251.8 passing yards per contest) to keep it in games.
- With 146.5 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranked fourth-worst in the NFL, the Lions were forced to rely on their 11th-ranked running game (128.2 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive last season.
- With 22 forced turnovers (17th in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (first in NFL), Detroit’s +7 turnover margin was the fourth-best in the NFL last season.
Lions Key Players
- Jared Goff had 29 touchdown passes and seven interceptions in 17 games last year, completing 65.1% of his throws for 4,438 yards (261.1 per game).
- St. Brown had 106 receptions for 1,161 yards (72.6 per game) and six touchdowns in 16 games.
- In 16 games for the Bears a season ago, David Montgomery ran for 801 yards (50.1 per game) and five TDs.
Falcons’ 2023 Schedule
|9/17/2023||Green Bay||W 25-24||FOX|
|10/22/2023||at Tampa Bay||–||FOX|
|12/3/2023||at New York||–||FOX|
|1/7/2024||at New Orleans||–||–|
Falcons 2022 Stats & Insights
- The Falcons ranked 24th in total offense (318.6 yards per game) and 27th in total defense (362.1 yards allowed per game) last season.
- Atlanta was a bottom-five pass offense last season, ranking second-worst with 158.8 passing yards per contest. Defensively, it ranked 25th in the NFL (231.9 passing yards allowed per game).
- Offensively, the Falcons were a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards last season, ranking third-best in the NFL by totaling 159.9 rushing yards per game. They ranked 23rd on defense (130.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Atlanta had the 24th-ranked turnover margin in the league last season at -4, forcing 17 turnovers (27th in NFL) while turning it over 21 times (eighth in NFL).
Falcons Key Players
- Tyler Allgeier got things done on the ground last year, rushing for 1,035 yards and three touchdowns in 16 games.
- As a runner, Cordarrelle Patterson accumulated 695 yards on the ground with eight touchdowns.
- In nine games for the Commanders last year, Taylor Heinicke produced 1,859 yards (206.6 yards per game) with 12 touchdowns, six interceptions and a 62.2% completion percentage.