The Toledo Rockets (2-1) and the Western Michigan Broncos (1-2) will meet in a matchup of MAC teams on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Glass Bowl. The Broncos will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, Vegas has them as 21.5-point underdogs. The over/under for the contest is 51.5 points.
Toledo vs. Western Michigan Favorite, Moneyline, Total
- Spread Favorite: Rockets (-21.5)
- Moneyline: Rockets (-1450), Broncos (+850)
- Total: 51.5 points
How to Watch Toledo vs. Western Michigan
- When: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 1:30 PM ET
- Location: Glass Bowl in Toledo, Ohio
- TV: ESPN+
- Live Stream: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
Rockets 2023 Stats & Rankings
|Pass yards||231 (693)||72|
|Rush yards||197.7 (593)||29|
|Points scored||40 (120)||32|
|Pass yards against||178.7 (536)||30|
|Rush yards against||114.7 (344)||52|
|Points allowed||16.7 (50)||36|
Toledo 2023 Betting Info
- The Rockets have won two games against the spread this season.
- Toledo is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 21.5-point favorites.
- Rockets games have hit the over twice this season.
- The average point total in Rockets games this season is 3.5 more points than the total of 51.5 in this matchup.
Rockets Home/Away Splits (2022)
|Point Total AVG||54||53.3||54.6|
|Implied Total AVG||32.4||32.8||32|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-4||5-1||3-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Toledo’s Offense vs. Western Michigan’s Defense (2023)
- The Rockets score 40 points per game (24th-best in the FBS), and will be up against the Broncos’ defense which is ninth-worst in college football (35.3 ppg).
- Toledo converts 56.1% of its third downs (seventh in college football), while Western Michigan’s defense ranks 96th in that category (43.6%)
- The Rockets’ rushing game ranks 29th in the FBS (197.7 yards per game). The Broncos allow 152.7 rushing yards per game (93rd).
- Toledo ranks 39th with 4.9 yards per carry, compared to the 4.5 per rush Western Michigan gives up (101st in the FBS).
Broncos 2023 Stats & Rankings
|Pass yards||171 (513)||114|
|Rush yards||184.3 (553)||39|
|Points scored||17.3 (52)||118|
|Pass yards against||235.3 (706)||91|
|Rush yards against||152.7 (458)||93|
|Points allowed||35.3 (106)||119|
Western Michigan 2023 Betting Info
- The Broncos have posted one win against the spread this year.
- When it has played as at least 21.5-point favorites this season, Toledo is 1-0 against the spread.
- One Broncos game (out of three) has hit the over this season.
- The Rockets’ average total in outings this season has been 55, 3.5 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Broncos Home/Away Splits (2022)
|Point Total AVG||51||52.7||49.3|
|Implied Total AVG||29.8||30||29.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||1-2||2-3|
Western Michigan’s Offense vs. Toledo’s Defense (2023)
- The Rockets’ defense gives up six yards per pass attempt (29th in the FBS). The Broncos’ offense averages 5.6 yards per pass (122nd in college football).
- Western Michigan’s 171 passing yards per game ranks 114th in the FBS. Toledo’s defense gives up 178.7 through the air (30th in college football).
- The Rockets have the 36th-ranked scoring defense (16.7 points per game). The Broncos’ 117th-ranked scoring offense averages 17.3 points per game.
Toledo vs. Western Michigan Prediction and Pick
Our prediction for Toledo vs. Western Michigan is the Rockets (-1450 on the moneyline) as the pick to win. For the over/under, we recommend betting on the under at 51.5 points.
How to Bet on Toledo vs. Western Michigan
To bet on this game, why not avail of our exclusive college football sportsbook promo codes?