The Temple Owls (2-1) host the No. 20 Miami Hurricanes (3-0) at Lincoln Financial Field on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
Tune in to ESPN2 to watch the Hurricanes take on the Owls.
When is Miami (FL) vs. Temple and when does it start?
This matchup between the Hurricanes and Owls will take place on Saturday, September 23, 2023. You should expect the kickoff at 3:30 PM ET.
Where to watch Miami (FL) vs. Temple
The Hurricanes and Owls will take to the gridiron at Lincoln Financial Field for this matchup on September 23, and if you want to see the action live, get your tickets now from Vivid Seats!
What channel is the game on?
You can catch this game live on ESPN2.
Watch the Miami (FL) vs. Temple live stream on Fubo
Free Live Stream Online: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
Miami (FL) vs. Temple Game Preview
Miami (FL) Stats & Insights
- The Hurricanes head into the matchup after winning 48-7 over the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats in their last outing on September 14.
- Miami (FL) has been surging on both sides of the ball, ranking 15th-best in total offense (511.0 yards per game) and 18th-best in total defense (271.0 yards allowed per game).
- The Hurricanes own the 65th-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (210.7 allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking 14th-best with 322.0 passing yards per game.
- Defensively, Miami (FL) has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking seventh-best by giving up just 60.3 per game. The Hurricanes rank 35th on offense (189.0 rushing yards per game).
- The Hurricanes have been surging on both offense and defense, ranking 11th-best in scoring offense (44.7 points per game) and 24th-best in scoring defense (14.3 points allowed per game).
Temple Stats & Insights
- The Hurricanes enter this matchup following a 48-7 win over the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats in their most recent outing.
- From an offensive standpoint, Temple is putting up 394.3 total yards per game (67th-ranked). It ranks 52nd in the FBS on defense (323.7 total yards given up per game).
- The Owls have been excelling on pass defense, allowing only 171.0 passing yards per game (23rd-best). On offense, they rank 52nd in the FBS by piling up 254.7 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive angle, Temple is putting up 139.7 rushing yards per contest (84th-ranked). It ranks 93rd in the FBS defensively (152.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Owls rank 92nd in the FBS with 24.0 points per contest on offense, and they rank 63rd with 22.0 points ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
Miami (FL) Key Players to Watch
- Tyler Van Dyke has thrown for 822 yards (274.0 ypg) to lead Miami (FL), completing 76% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Henry Parrish Jr. has carried the ball 26 times for a team-high 192 yards (64.0 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Ajay Allen has piled up 26 carries for 137 yards (45.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Xavier Restrepo’s 314 receiving yards (104.7 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 17 receptions.
- Colbie Young has collected 209 receiving yards (69.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 15 passes this year.
- Jacolby George’s 16 catches have netted him 202 yards (67.3 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Temple Key Players to Watch
- E.J. Warner has 760 passing yards (253.3 ypg) to lead Temple, completing 52.1% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Joquez Smith has carried the ball 24 times for a team-high 187 yards (93.5 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Darvon Hubbard has rushed for 106 yards (35.3 per game) on 18 carries with one touchdown, while also catching five passes for 47 yards (15.7 per game).
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s 180 receiving yards (60.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 11 receptions.
- Dante Wright has collected 177 receiving yards (59.0 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 15 passes this year.
- David Martin-Robinson’s nine catches this season have resulted in 128 yards (42.7 ypg).