The Florida International Panthers (3-2) play on Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET at Aggie Memorial Stadium versus Diego Pavia and the New Mexico State Aggies (2-3).
How to Watch New Mexico State vs. Florida International
- When: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Aggie Memorial Stadium in Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Live Stream: fuboTV – (Start Your Free Trial)
New Mexico State’s 2023 Schedule
|8/26/2023||vs. UMass||L 41-30||-7|
|9/2/2023||vs. Western Illinois||W 58-21||-7|
|9/9/2023||at Liberty||L 33-17||+9.5|
|9/16/2023||at New Mexico||W 27-17||+2.5|
|9/24/2023||at Hawaii||L 20-17||+3.5|
|10/4/2023||vs. Florida International||–|
|10/11/2023||vs. Sam Houston||–||–|
|10/24/2023||at Louisiana Tech||–||–|
|11/4/2023||vs. Middle Tennessee||–||–|
|11/11/2023||at Western Kentucky||–||–|
|11/25/2023||vs. Jacksonville State||–||–|
Aggies 2023 Stats & Insights
- New Mexico State is putting up 436.2 yards per game on offense (38th in the FBS), and rank 79th on defense, yielding 382.0 yards allowed per game.
- New Mexico State is totaling 234.4 passing yards per game on offense (66th in the FBS), and ranks 80th defensively with 235.0 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Aggies rank 65th in scoring offense (29.8 points per game) and 78th in scoring defense (26.4 points allowed per game) this season.
- The Aggies have the 82nd-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (147.0 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 21st-best with 201.8 rushing yards per game.
- While New Mexico State ranks 16th-worst in the FBS in third-down efficiency on defense with a 47.1% third-down percentage allowed, it’s been a different story on offense, where the Aggies rank 23rd-best in the FBS (47.8% third-down percentage).
- The Aggies have forced three total turnovers (117th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over seven times (66th in the FBS) to record a turnover margin of -4, the 21st-worst in college football.
New Mexico State 2023 Key Players
|Diego Pavia||QB||1,073 YDS (63.9%) / 10 TD / 4 INT
279 RUSH YDS / 0 RUSH TD / 55.8 RUSH YPG
|Star Thomas||RB||233 YDS / 3 TD / 46.6 YPG / 5.4 YPC
11 REC / 113 REC YDS / 1 REC TD / 22.6 REC YPG
|Ahmonte Watkins||RB||203 YDS / 2 TD / 40.6 YPG / 11.9 YPC
4 REC / 61 REC YDS / 1 REC TD / 12.2 REC YPG
|Jonathan Brady||WR||10 REC / 252 YDS / 3 TD / 50.4 YPG|
|Keyshaun Elliott||LB||32 TKL / 4.0 TFL|
|Myles Rowser||S||21 TKL / 0.0 TFL|
|Nikhil Webb Walker||OLB||11 TKL / 1.0 TFL / 1.5 SACK|
|Jeremiah Dervil||N/A||25 TKL / 1.0 TFL|
Florida International’s 2023 Schedule
|8/26/2023||at Louisiana Tech||L 22-17||+12|
|9/2/2023||vs. Maine||W 14-12||-14.5|
|9/9/2023||vs. North Texas||W 46-39||+11.5|
|9/16/2023||at UConn||W 24-17||+7|
|9/23/2023||vs. Liberty||L 38-6||+10|
|10/4/2023||at New Mexico State||–|
|10/18/2023||at Sam Houston||–||–|
|10/25/2023||vs. Jacksonville State||–||–|
|11/11/2023||at Middle Tennessee||–||–|
|11/25/2023||vs. Western Kentucky||–||–|
Panthers 2023 Stats & Insights
- Florida International has plenty of room to get better, as it ranks 14th-worst in total yards per game (315.2) and ninth-worst in total yards allowed per game (447.2).
- With 203.6 passing yards per game on offense, Florida International ranks 97th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 76th, allowing 233.8 passing yards per contest.
- With 21.4 points per game on offense, the Panthers rank 106th in the FBS. Defensively, they rank 72nd, giving up 25.6 points per contest.
- The Panthers have plenty of room to improve in the running game, as they rank 22nd-worst in rushing yards per game (111.6) and 10th-worst in rushing yards allowed per game (213.4).
- Florida International’s offense has been sputtering on third down, ranking fourth-worst in the FBS with a 24.6% third-down conversion rate. It has been more effective defensively, surrendering a 42.5% third-down rate (92nd-ranked).
- At 0, the Panthers have the 66th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with nine forced turnovers (22nd in the FBS) and nine turnovers committed (102nd in the FBS).
Florida International 2023 Key Players
|Kris Mitchell||WR||23 REC / 459 YDS / 4 TD / 91.8 YPG|
|Keyone Jenkins||QB||1,000 YDS (53.6%) / 5 TD / 4 INT
53 RUSH YDS / 2 RUSH TD / 10.6 RUSH YPG
|Shomari Lawrence||RB||312 YDS / 2 TD / 62.4 YPG / 5.9 YPC|
|Kejon Owens||RB||164 YDS / 3 TD / 32.8 YPG / 5.7 YPC|
|Donovan Manuel||LB||37 TKL / 1.0 TFL / 0.5 SACK|
|Reggie Peterson||LB||29 TKL / 2.0 TFL / 1.5 SACK|
|D’Verick Daniel||DB||25 TKL / 1.0 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD|
|Jamal Potts||DB||24 TKL / 1.0 TFL|