A Sun Belt battle is on tap between Georgia State and Texas State at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. Both of these teams will be looking for a pick-me-up after considerable defeats in their previous games.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium — San Marcos, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
After soaring to 48 points the game before, Georgia State faltered in their game last week. They took a serious blow against W. Michigan, falling 57-10. The Panthers were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 43-10.
Texas State’s rough patch got a bit rougher after their third loss in a row. They suffered a grim 47-17 defeat to SMU. The Bobcats were down by 34-10 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the victory. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Georgia State is worst in the nation in rushing touchdowns allowed, with 10 on the season. The Bobcats have experienced some defensive struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the second most rushing yards allowed per game in the nation, having given up 275.30 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
The Bobcats are a solid 3-point favorite against the Panthers.
Vegas was right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
Georgia State have won three out of their last four games against Texas State.
- Nov 03, 2018 – Texas State 40 vs. Georgia State 31
- Nov 11, 2017 – Georgia State 33 vs. Texas State 30
- Oct 08, 2016 – Georgia State 41 vs. Texas State 21
- Nov 14, 2015 – Georgia State 41 vs. Texas State 19
- How to watch Texas State vs. Georgia State live stream info, TV channel NCAA Football on TV, stream online