The Pittsburgh Steelers lost both of their matches to the Cleveland Browns last season on scores of 22-24 and 37-48, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. Pittsburgh will take on Cleveland at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium after a week off. The two teams each escaped (but just barely!) with wins against their previous opponents.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Steelers ultimately got the result they were hoping for two weeks ago with a 23-20 win over the Seattle Seahawks. It was another big night for Pittsburgh’s RB Najee Harris, who snatched one receiving TD.
Special teams collected 11 points for Pittsburgh. K Chris Boswell booted in three field goals, the longest a 52-yarder in the fourth quarter, which ultimately accounted for the difference in the contest.
Speaking of close games: last Thursday Cleveland sidestepped the Denver Broncos for a 17-14 victory. RB D’Ernest Johnson was the offensive standout of the game for the Browns, rushing for one TD and 146 yards on 22 carries. That nimble footwork stands out as the first time Johnson has hit the 100-yard rushing mark this season.
The Steelers are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. True fans might be the only ones betting on them, currently 2-4 ATS, to cover the spread.
Pittsburgh is now 3-3 while Cleveland sits at 4-3. Pittsburgh is 1-1 after wins this year, Cleveland 2-1.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium — Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $120.00
The Browns are a 4.5-point favorite against the Steelers, according to the latest NFL odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Browns, as the game opened with the Browns as a 3-point favorite.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Pittsburgh have won nine out of their last 13 games against Cleveland.
- Jan 10, 2021 – Cleveland 48 vs. Pittsburgh 37
- Jan 03, 2021 – Cleveland 24 vs. Pittsburgh 22
- Oct 18, 2020 – Pittsburgh 38 vs. Cleveland 7
- Dec 01, 2019 – Pittsburgh 20 vs. Cleveland 13
- Nov 14, 2019 – Cleveland 21 vs. Pittsburgh 7
- Oct 28, 2018 – Pittsburgh 33 vs. Cleveland 18
- Sep 09, 2018 – Pittsburgh 21 vs. Cleveland 21
- Dec 31, 2017 – Pittsburgh 28 vs. Cleveland 24
- Sep 10, 2017 – Pittsburgh 21 vs. Cleveland 18
- Jan 01, 2017 – Pittsburgh 27 vs. Cleveland 24
- Nov 20, 2016 – Pittsburgh 24 vs. Cleveland 9
- Jan 03, 2016 – Pittsburgh 28 vs. Cleveland 12
- Nov 15, 2015 – Pittsburgh 30 vs. Cleveland 9