The New Orleans Saints will be returning home after a two-game road trip. New Orleans and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will face off in an NFC South battle at 4:25 p.m. ET next Sunday at Caesars Superdome. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Saints winning the first 38-3 on the road and Tampa Bay taking the second 30-20.
New Orleans sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 13-10 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Monday. It was another big night for New Orleans’ RB Alvin Kamara, who caught ten passes for one TD and 128 yards. That receiving effort made it the first game that Kamara has posted more than 100 yards receiving.
New Orleans’ defense was a presence as well, as it got past Seattle’s offensive line to sack QB Geno Smith five times for a total loss of 38 yards. Leading the way was OLB Demario Davis and his two sacks. Davis now has three sacks through six games.
Meanwhile, the Buccaneers were the big favorite in their most recent game, and for good reason. They put a hurting on the Chicago Bears at home to the tune of 38-3. The squad ran away with 35 points in the first half and mostly just sat on those in the second to pick up the win. Tampa Bay can attribute much of their success to WR Mike Evans, who caught six passes for three TDs and 76 yards, and QB Tom Brady, who passed for four TDs and 211 yards on 36 attempts. Brady ended up with a passer rating of 141.50.
Tampa Bay’s defense was a force to be reckoned with, as it collected three interceptions and two fumbles. Those interceptions were spread across their defensive unit.
New Orleans is now 4-2 while Tampa Bay sits at 5-1. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Saints come into the contest boasting the fewest touchdowns allowed in the league at ten. But the Buccaneers rank first in the NFL when it comes to overall offensive touchdowns, with 28 on the season. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Caesars Superdome — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
New Orleans have won eight out of their last 13 games against Tampa Bay.
- Jan 17, 2021 – Tampa Bay 30 vs. New Orleans 20
- Nov 08, 2020 – New Orleans 38 vs. Tampa Bay 3
- Sep 13, 2020 – New Orleans 34 vs. Tampa Bay 23
- Nov 17, 2019 – New Orleans 34 vs. Tampa Bay 17
- Oct 06, 2019 – New Orleans 31 vs. Tampa Bay 24
- Dec 09, 2018 – New Orleans 28 vs. Tampa Bay 14
- Sep 09, 2018 – Tampa Bay 48 vs. New Orleans 40
- Dec 31, 2017 – Tampa Bay 31 vs. New Orleans 24
- Nov 05, 2017 – New Orleans 30 vs. Tampa Bay 10
- Dec 24, 2016 – New Orleans 31 vs. Tampa Bay 24
- Dec 11, 2016 – Tampa Bay 16 vs. New Orleans 11
- Dec 13, 2015 – New Orleans 24 vs. Tampa Bay 17
- Sep 20, 2015 – Tampa Bay 26 vs. New Orleans 19