The Mean Green’s win brought them up to 2-6 while Southern Miss’ loss pulled them down to 1-7. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: North Texas is 231st worst in the nation in thrown interceptions, having thrown nine on the season. Southern Miss has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 245th most thrown interceptions in the nation, having thrown 11 on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: Carlisle-Faulkner Field at M.M. Roberts Stadium — Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00 Get Ticket Here
The Mean Green are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Golden Eagles, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Southern Miss and North Texas both have three wins in their last six games.
- Oct 03, 2020 – Southern Miss 41 vs. North Texas 31
- Oct 12, 2019 – Southern Miss 45 vs. North Texas 27
- Oct 13, 2018 – North Texas 30 vs. Southern Miss 7
- Sep 30, 2017 – North Texas 43 vs. Southern Miss 28
- Nov 19, 2016 – North Texas 29 vs. Southern Miss 23
- Oct 03, 2015 – Southern Miss 49 vs. North Texas 14