Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Last Season Records: Atlanta 4-12; Philadelphia 4-11-1
What to Know
The Atlanta Falcons and the Philadelphia Eagles will face off at 1 p.m. ET on Sept. 12 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium to kick off their 2021 seasons. Returning after a rocky 4-12 season, Atlanta is aiming to prove that the past does not define them. Likewise, last year was nothing to brag about for Philadelphia (4-11-1), so the team is looking forward to a new start.
A couple of last-season stats to keep an eye on The Falcons were second best in forced fumbles, finishing the 2020 season with 17. Less enviably, few squads threw more interceptions than the Eagles, who were picked off 20 times. The good news for Philadelphia, of course, is that these forces working against them might not carry over into the new season.
Atlanta has the odds in their favor, so they’ll need to guard against complacency. A victory is hardly a sure thing, especially this early in the season, so expect a good game.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $55.55
The Falcons are a 3.5-point favorite against the Eagles, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Philadelphia have won three out of their last five games against Atlanta.
- Sep 15, 2019 – Atlanta 24 vs. Philadelphia 20
- Sep 06, 2018 – Philadelphia 18 vs. Atlanta 12
- Jan 13, 2018 – Philadelphia 15 vs. Atlanta 10
- Nov 13, 2016 – Philadelphia 24 vs. Atlanta 15
- Sep 14, 2015 – Atlanta 26 vs. Philadelphia 24